Say Hello to Gen Z Yellow!
As someone who painted their bedroom a bright banana hue at the age of 10, it is safe to say I am a huge fan of yellow. So, when I saw the new Gen Z Yellow colour trend picking up heat and pushing the sickly Millennial Pink out, I was ecstatic to see my favourite shade finally getting some well-deserved hype.
Historically, yellow is a bit of a Marmite colour that is conflicted by its meanings and associations. For some people it represents sunshine, happiness and optimism, but for others it symbolises danger, anxiety and deceit. So, it is no surprise that Gen Z Yellow is becoming a defining generational colour.
The actual shade for Gen Z Yellow is somewhere between Marigold and French Mustard on the scale, but as it gains popularity we are seeing items in every shade emerge from Lemon to Ochre. And in terms of metallics, brass and yellow gold are now taking over from the tired copper and rose gold finishes.
So, whilst Gen Z Yellow currently dominates the fashion trends, we have picked out our favourite yellow home products, which are destined to brighten and enlighten your interiors.
For those a little shy of bright colours, or if you love the trend but have a tight budget, investing in small decorations like throws, cushions and accessories is a great way to give your home an instant update. These little flashes of colour are sure to inject positivity into your space.
But for the brave and brazen, opt for a large furniture piece like a sofa, bed or dining table in your favourite sunshine hue to create a striking statement. This bold approach is not for the faint-hearted or dedicated followers of ever-changing fashion but if your style is loud and proud, this is the look for you. Finish with a neutral backdrop for a sharp contrast or pair with deep blue and brass accents for a luxe touch.
1. Luca Side Table; £129.00; www.distinctify.com
2. Mariolina Fossati Diamantini & Domeniconi Lollogio Clock; £289.00; www.thelongeststay.com
3. Orla Kiely Stem 6 Petal Flower Vase; £13.95; www.hurnandhurn.com
4. Naïve Chair; £195.00; www.urbanavenue.co.uk
5. Block Hello Coat Rack; £38.00; www.redcandy.co.uk
6. Hurn And Hurn Discoveries - Banana Salt and Pepper Shakers; £17.00; www.hurnandhurn.com
7. Arlo Bed; £910.00; www.livingitup.co.uk
8. Dulwich Midi Sofa in Sahara Sunshine; £1131.00; www.darlingsofchelsea.co.uk